What does it mean to be a “good” student according to the commonsense?
- sitting and behaving
- listening and following the rules
- doing EXACTLY what the instructions say
- Not being your own person
- Learning and absorbing all of the knowledge the teacher throws at you
Which students are privileged by this definition of the good student?
- the academic scholar
- the successful student with no disabilities or delays
- the student who is good at notes and good at absorbing knowledge quickly
What is made impossible to see/understand/believe because of these commonsense ideas?
- It is impossible to see every child’s full potential
- It is hard to understand what the child does actually know
- It is difficult to believe that every child can be successful